Pulled Pork Sliders
1/2 cup mayo
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 (9 oz.) package slaw
12 pack slider buns
3 cups of Blakely. Backyard pulled pork
Coleslaw (recipe above)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce, OPTIONAL & use more or less depending on how saucy you want the sliders
¼ cup butter
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon onion salt or garlic salt
½ teaspoon poppy seeds
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together mayo, mustard, apple cider vinegar, onion powder and sea salt. Toss in the coleslaw mix. Stir everything together until the slaw is completely coated in the dressing. I like to make this a couple of hours before serving, so the flavors have time to marinate together.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the slider buns in half and remove the top of the buns and set aside.
- Place the bottom half of the buns in a 9 x 13” dish. Layer the pulled pork over the buns, top with BBQ sauce, if desired, and replace the top of the buns.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion salt and poppy seeds. Microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until completely melted.
- Slowly pour the butter mixture over the top of the buns. Alternatively, use a spoon to spoon out melted butter to ensure poppy seeds cover the bun tops. Cover the dish with foil and bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- If using slaw, once sliders have cooled a few minutes, remove the bun tops, add a spoonful of slaw and replace tops. Enjoy!
*Feel free to use a store-bought coleslaw mix.
Serving size: This recipe as written makes 12 sandwiches, I find that most people eat about 2 sliders. You can easily double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd.
Make ahead: These sandwiches can be assembled up to 4 hours in advance. Store them covered in the fridge until you’re ready to put them in the oven.
Serving: Pulled pork sliders are best eaten immediately after they come out of the oven.